REGISTER  

Duplicate rocks on the Moon! Conspiracy?
This thread belongs to weasel.forumgeeks.net

2009-04-24 11:04 GMT   |   #1

This is odd. Check out this thread containing many images of the Moon's surface from NASA archives. In many of them, EXACT DUPLICATES of rocks and landscapes can be seen! This is odd. How do you explain this?

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread456981/pg1
2009-04-24 11:11 GMT   |   #2

You're assuming the pictures on that website are genuine.

Man landed on the moon.

/thread
2009-04-24 11:29 GMT   |   #3

As is noted on the site you're linking to, these are atypical stitching errors of a panoramic where the sequence images are taken by rotation of the camera axis not the nodal axis. These days you can correct for that, but back then since these were film images, you were unable to alter them as you would with digital shots.

Being said, it's really easy to introduce such errors with difficult to stitch material; the moon would have actually lacked a lot of SIFT data and I'd wager even modern SIFT/RANSAC programs would have difficulty stitching.

If you want to argue against the moon landings, you're going to have to do FAR better than stitching errors in a panoramic...

NeoThermic
2009-04-24 16:15 GMT   |   #4

NeoThermic wrote:As is noted on the site you're linking to, these are atypical stitching errors of a panoramic where the sequence images are taken by rotation of the camera axis not the nodal axis. These days you can correct for that, but back then since these were film images, you were unable to alter them as you would with digital shots.

Being said, it's really easy to introduce such errors with difficult to stitch material; the moon would have actually lacked a lot of SIFT data and I'd wager even modern SIFT/RANSAC programs would have difficulty stitching.

If you want to argue against the moon landings, you're going to have to do FAR better than stitching errors in a panoramic...

NeoThermic
He's going to start arguing that the flag waving doesn't happen in space and it was filmed in a secret military location. :P
2009-04-24 16:22 GMT   |   #5

Martians did it to mess with our heads and I killed Jimmy Hoffa. If anyone wants to know where I buried him, it will cost you $1 bazillion.

Glad I am finally able to get that last part off my chest...been nagging at me for YEARS!!

:lol:
2009-04-24 16:36 GMT   |   #6

lmao! Sorry I don't have 1 bazillion so you will have to take that secret with you to the grave. :lol:
2009-04-24 16:42 GMT   |   #7

RMcGirr83 wrote:Martians did it to mess with our heads and I killed Jimmy Hoffa. If anyone wants to know where I buried him, it will cost you $1 bazillion.

Glad I am finally able to get that last part off my chest...been nagging at me for YEARS!!

:lol:
I knew it! Though I thought everybody knew you buried his body in a football stadium. 8-)
2009-04-24 16:52 GMT   |   #8

Techie-Micheal wrote:Though I thought everybody knew you buried his body in a football stadium. 8-)

That's what everyone believes ;)
2009-04-24 20:00 GMT   |   #9

People who believe in these vast government conspiracies, have far more faith in the basic competence of our government than I do.

Maybe I'm just a pessimist. :|
2009-04-25 15:34 GMT   |   #10

Kevin Clark wrote:You're assuming the pictures on that website are genuine.

Man landed on the moon.

/thread

W: They are. They are taken from NASA archives. The link to them was given in the thread. Didn't you see?

How can you be 100 percent sure that man landed on the moon? Just cause the news said so and you saw it on TV? Is there anything official that you disagree with? If so, what?

Has the government ever lied? If so, about what?

Did you ever hear of the Gulf of Tonkin?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8nextlast